The Cornwall Youth Brass Ensemble (CYBE)
Director/Leader : Sara Munns
Director/ Leader email contact: email@example.com
Assistant Lead : Jax Kershaw
Current number of members : 12
Current age range of members : 14 to 18
Playing standard : Grade 7/8. Orchestral Brass
Recent performances: Truro Cathedral, Carharrack Chapel, Truro Methodist Church - MFY. Falmouth. King Charles Church.
Autumn Term Rehearsal Dates - One Saturday per month, 9.00 - 12.00.
Venue - Truro College
The CMEH county ensembles are substantially subsidised through the grant received from Arts Council England but a termly membership fee of £25 is payable for all of these ensembles (Cornwall Youth Brass Ensemble, Cornwall Youth Percussion Ensemble, Cornwall Youth Jazz Orchestra and Sax Is Our Business).
We realise that some players will be a member of more than one of these ensembles and therefore a discounted rate will apply for multiple memberships:
- Membership of 2 of the above ensembles - £40 per term
- Membership of 3 of the above ensembles - £55 per term
Please note that this discounted rate only applies to these ensembles and does not include membership of the Cornwall Youth Orchestra, Cornwall Youth Wind Orchestra, the county choirs or any ensemble not delivered by the CMEH.
Subsidised Membership Fees
The CMEH offers a 50% subsidy for the fees of students who fall under one of the following criteria:
- Children eligible for Free School Meals (checks will be made against the Council’s central register)
- Children of personnel serving in the British Armed Forces (please provide proof when returning the membership form)
- Children in Care (checks will be made against the Council’s central register)
All members must complete the form below and send to the CMEH office at the start of each academic year. Parent/Carers will be invoiced for the first term's membership fee upon receipt of the form and then invoiced at the start of the following two terms. A new membership form should be completed at the start of each academic year.