Awards for Young Musicians Programme - opening in December 2016
Do you know a talented young instrumentalist who needs help with musical costs? They may be eligible to apply for up to £2,000.
The Awards for Young Musicians programme is inviting applications from instrumentalists aged 5-17 playing any musical genre to join our Awards Programme. As well as receiving flexible funding towards the costs of their musical development, Award winners will benefit from individual support, which may comprise of mentoring, workshops and master classes with professional musicians, opportunities to observe rehearsals with professional orchestras and other musical partners, and performance opportunities.
The key criteria for eligibility are musical talent and financial need. Whatever they study, be it classical Western music, classical Indian music, jazz, folk, blues, rock or commercial music, young musicians can evidence their ability in a number of ways; it is not essential to have taken formal exams.
- the application deadline is Friday 3 March at midnight.
- applications are made online at http://apply.www.a-y-m.org.uk
- the programme is open to young instrumentalists aged 5-17
- all genres are welcomed
- we support a variety of musical costs including instrumental purchase/hire, instrumental tuition, music service or junior conservatoire fees, travel for musical activities, software and much more. We do, however have some exclusions.
- the programme is means tested. Parents/carers will be asked to provide details of their financial circumstances as part of the application.
- applicants can request a recommendation from your organisation when they apply (and they will also need a reference from their instrumental teacher).
- we have a number of special Awards, in addition to our main Awards, which are listed here. Applications for these are made via the normal process.
- if a young person's parent(s)/carer(s) are not in a position to support an application, your organisation may complete an application with the young person, provided you have undertaken your own comparable assessment of the young person's financial need. Do contact me if you have any queries regarding this.