THE OPEN FUND FOR ORGANISATIONS
The Open Fund for Organisations supports new music projects led by promoters, talent development organisations, venues, curators and large performance groups*.
Projects must involve the creation, performance and promotion of new music and enable songwriters, composers, solo artists, bands and performers of all backgrounds to develop creatively and professionally
Projects must involve the creation, performance and promotion of new music and enable songwriters, composers, artists, bands and performers of all backgrounds to develop creatively and professionally.
Support is available to any organisation whose project fits with all three funding priorities:
- To support the creation, performance and promotion of outstanding new music in any genre
We are particularly interested in the quality and originality of the music
- To enable the UK’s most talented music creators to realise their potential
We are interested in how your project will develop the songwriters and composers involved. We are committed to supporting UK based songwriters and composers of all backgrounds
- To inspire audiences
You will be asked to outline who you are reaching and how. This includes audiences at a local, regional, national or international level
Through The Open Fund, we support high quality new music projects which have tangible musical outcomes and a clearly defined start and end date.
The Open Fund is available to any not-for-profit organisation based in the UK with an eligible project.
• Orchestras and large ensembles*
• Talent development or composer development organisations
Please note: bands and small musical groups are no longer considered by The Open Fund as Organisations and should now apply as Music Creators
* Large performance groups would include orchestras, choirs, jazz bands or folk groups with 12 or more performers
How much can Organisations apply for?
The Open Fund for Organisations offers grants of up to £10,000.
Our funding includes support of:
• promotion and marketing
• commissions of new music by UK-based creators*
• exciting community projects involving high-quality music creators
• music creator residencies
• live programmes featuring new UK music
The Open Fund deadlines for Organisations and for Music Creators in 2017 are:
|Round/Deadline||Stage 1 Deadline||Stage 2 Deadline||Decisions Sent (Activity Must Take Place After This Date)|
|Deadline 1||February 6th||March 14th||April 28th|
|Deadline 2||May 8th||June 12th||July 14th|
|Deadline 3||October 2nd||November 7th||December 15th|
All applications must be submitted by 6pm on the day of the deadline.