The Radcliffe Trust supports classical music performance and training, especially chamber music, composition and music education. Particular interests within music education are music for children and adults with special needs, youth orchestras and projects at secondary and higher levels, including academic research. The Trustees respond to applications and also initiate their own projects.
Projects supported in the past include:
- Friends of Musicfest Aberystwith who received £1,000 for a musicfest.
- The National Autistic Society which received £2,000 for a music room in Glasgow.
- The Birmingham Children's Hospital which received £2,500 for a ‘Singing medicine'
- For consideration by the Trustees in June: deadline is 31st January for applications to both the Music and Heritage & Crafts schemes
- For consideration by the Trustees in December: Heritage & Crafts scheme deadline is 31st July and Music scheme deadline is 31st August