In March 2016, the Hub worked with 40 schools from around Cornwall on its first county-wide vocal project which culminated in six concerts in five different venues. The first half of each concert featured performances by the CMEH Choirs, local young singers and groups, whilst the second half of each show featured a different massed choir made up of local schools performing Ocean Commotion, Debbie Campbell's colourful and engaging environmental musical for young singers. In 2017, we worked with another 40 schools to offer a series of six concerts for our Rockin' all over the World tour!
Spring 2018 will see Songfest return with another series of concerts in venues across Cornwall. This year’s Songfest will be exploring Folk Songs collected in the South West which follow the calendar year in a performance called ‘A Song for all Seasons’.
Songfest performance dates and venues in 2018 will run from the end of February to the end of March 2018; Schools will be allocated a performance venue and date in their locality; however we will be inviting all schools in Penwith to perform on one of the two nights booked in Hall for Cornwall in 2018, following our trend of rotating this performance space for different schools.
Places for schools are limited, any school wishing to sign up should return their expression of interest form to the Hub office by 12th September - CMEH@cornwall.gov.uk
Songfest 2018 Concert Dates
- 26th & 27th February 2018 - Hall for Cornwall
- 8th March 2018 - Songfest Unplugged at Helston Central Methodist Chapel
- 13th & 14th March 2018 - Launceston Town Hall
- 16th March 2018 - Songfest at Bude Parkhouse Centre
- 26th March 2018 - Songfest Unplugged at Saltash Methodist
- Date & Venue to be confirmed - Wadebridge Schools Songfest
- Date & Venue to be confirmed - Secondary Songfest