About BBC Ten Pieces
Ten Pieces aims to open up the world of classical music to 7-14 year-olds across the UK by introducing them to key pieces through a series of exciting short films. Each set of Ten Pieces (there are now four) is supported through a full set of teaching resources to allow schools to explore the music in more depth.
New for Autumn 2019 - Trailblazers
Ten Pieces Trailblazers challenges students to rethink orchestral music - what it sounds like, who can make it, and how it's used - through ten trailblazing composers and their pieces of music.
This new set of pieces showcases works that have helped expand our musical horizons, pieces that have introduced new cultures and sound worlds into the orchestra, and composers whose lives and works have made them pioneers.
Trailblazers delves into the world of Film and Television for the first time and explores music with influences from across the globe.
- Exciting animated short films to introduce each piece
- Films of the orchestral and choral performances in full
- Accompanying classroom lesson plans for primary and secondary teachers
- Simplified downloadable arrangements at different ability levels for you to perform the pieces
- MP3 audio recordings of the music to listen to and download