Rainbow Pond Music - A Toolkit for developing Musical Learning in the Early Years
Rainbow Pond Music is a complete toolkit which uses colourful characters, songs and games to teach key musical concepts to young children in a unique and inspiring way.
Teaching is delivered through easy to follow lesson and activity plans, colourful and tactile teaching aids, photocopiable resources, CD, film and continuous provision resources introducing and developing KEY MUSICAL CONCEPTS.
This exciting new music making ‘system’ enables both the confident music specialist as well as the daunted non-specialist teacher transform music provision into focused and fun music sessions
Benefits of the Rainbow Pond Music Programme:
Supports the development of speaking, listening and literacy skills with the use of song, lyric creation and vocal percussion
Actively enhancing phonics and reading and writing
Numeracy skills are also enhanced though rhythmic patterns, counting and sequencing
The Rainbow Pond Music Kit - What is Included?
A complete kit to deliver exciting and high quality musical learning in the Early Years!
Each pack costs £195 and includes:
- THE POND - a durable, wipe clean, transportable ‘pond ‘mat which forms the focus for your Rainbow Pond Music activities.
- CHARACTER MATS - 88 character mats (machine washable at low temperature) that are used in music making. Extra light green frog and tadpole mats are provided to be used to teach rhythm. Doubling up as an F note when moving on to pitch. There are 16 lily pads to illustrate pulse and rests .
- STICKERS - Non permanent stickers are provided so that you can customise your existing pitched instruments. These can then be used alone or in conjunction with the Rainbow range of instruments which are available from musical instrumental stockists
- TEACHING FOLDER - This folder is divided into easy to access sections and four units, each covering at least 6 weeks
- Disc 1 - Media Disc with all the information and resources from the folder plus training support videos.
- Disc 2 - Audio CD contains 48 tracks which support the lesson plans and ‘chance to play’ continuous provision activities. Song tracks are included with and without vocals. Tracks are also provided with gaps to create new patterns in ‘play in the gap’ activities. You will find a bonus track on the end called ‘Rainbow Rag’ (track 48) this is an example of ‘start stop’ music, ideal to use as a warm up or warm down, where children can freely explore the instruments along with the track (unpitched percussion is recommended) and learn when to stop when the music stops. Have fun!
- LAYOUT - cards with suggested character mat layouts for children to practice rhythms
- Hessian bag to help you transport your character mats and pond when working outside of the classroom
To order, contact - email@example.com
Rainbow Pond Music has been developed in consultation with Early Years staff to ensure that the final product is both child friendly and easy for staff to use. Here are some of their comments:
"Excellent Idea for independent and creative music making in the classroom. Solves a lot of problems associated with classroom music!"
Early years Teacher, Launceston, Cornwall
"A great scheme I would like to use in the future."
Porthleven Early Years teacher, Cornwall.
"Great – nervous about teaching music but really love this scheme."
Early Years teacher in training, Cornwall.
“Excellent ideas for introducing composition to children - I want to get away from ‘exploring’ instruments.”
Early Years Teacher, Brunel Primary Academy, Cornwall.