Meet our Registered Providers!
The Cornwall Music Education Hub Registered Provider Scheme
If you are a peripatetic instrumental or vocal teacher who delivers lessons in Local Authority or former Authority schools in Cornwall, the pupils that you teach could be eligible for subsidised lessons (students be attending an LA or former LA school, if home educated they must still meet eligibility criteria). In order to access the subsidy scheme, peripatetic teachers should first register with the Hub as a provider. This means that you will need to provide evidence of a recent DBS check, Safeguarding Training, H&S/Safeguarding policies and Public Liability Insurance.
How to Register
If you are interested in becoming a Registered Provider, please read the documentation below (Registered Provider Application Form, Subsidy Policy and CMEH Delivery Agreement), complete the application and it must be emailed to us at email@example.com (we do not accept any applications via post due to the Hub office being unstaffed due to the pandemic). You will be required to provide a copy of your Enhanced DBS check with the update service, Safeguarding training certificate, Information Governance/GDPR training certificate, Privacy, Safeguarding & Health & Safety Policies and Public Liability Insurance. We encourage all Registered Providers to register with the DBS Update Service.
In order to register as a provider, you must complete and return the following documents:
- CMEH Registered Provider Application Form- Plus all required documentation as listed above (Enhanced DBS Check with update service registration, Safeguarding and information governance training certificate, Health & Safety Policies and Public Liability Insurance)
- CMEH Delivery Agreement for Registered Providers - FY 2021-22
- BACS Payment Set-up Form
- Preferred Payment Terms Form
- For Info - CMEH Subsidy Policy for the Financial Year 2021/22
Please send all documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently Registered Providers
The following individuals and organisations have registered with the CMEH as a Registered Provider. Schools using these deliverers for their peripatetic instrumental tuition will be able to access the Hub Subsidy Scheme.
|Wadebridge Area||Piano, Saxophone, Flute, Fife, Clarinet|
|West Cornwall||Guitar, Bass, Harmonica, Ukulele|
|East Cornwall||Drum, Guitar, Rock Academy|
|East Cornwall||Piano, Keyboard|
Hannah Birt - West Cornwall Suzuki Violin and Early Years Music
|Mid and North/East Cornwall||Harp|
|St Austell area||Brass|
|Mid Cornwall||Piano, Vocal, Brass|
|West Cornwall||String tuition, Music Therapy|
|Newquay/Truro Area||Violin, recorder, piano, theory|
|East Cornwall||Bassoon, Violin, Viola, recorder|
Steff Benton-Martyn - Benton Music
Please note that this list does not serve as a recommendation and is for information only. Although all registered providers have provided evidence of their DBS check, Safeguarding Training and Public Liability Insurance, we still recommend that schools and parents satisfy themselves as to the suitability of a teacher before engaging.
Subsidies for instrumental and vocal lessons
The Cornwall Music Education Hub is committed to ensuring wider access to music for all children and young people. In order to do this, the Hub works with Cornwall schools and Hub Registered Providers to help provide free or subsidised instrumental/vocal tuition for school-age children. Please note that this funding does not include students attending FE or HE institutions as it is provided by Cornwall Schools Forum and administered by the Hub on their behalf).
Further information about our subsidy scheme can be found on our subsidies page
Guidance and Training for Peripatetic Teachers
- ISM have produced a guidance document for peripatetic music teachers with advice on safeguarding, fees, insurance and contracts - ISM Guidance for Teachers
- Musicians Union have also produced guidance for music teachers with everything from pay rates, contract advice to H&S information - Music Education - Advice for Musicians
- Safeguarding training - Music Mark - online safeguarding training for music groups and private tutors
- ABRSM have worked with the MU to create a music specific online course for music teachers - child protection in music education