As part of its support for the musical progression of children and young people, the Cornwall Music Education Hub offers a grant scheme to support ensembles, both new and existing, across the county. The scheme is available to any ensemble which is open to all children and young people (ie not an ensemble for a specific school or college). This year we are able to offer grants for funding from 1st April 2020 up to end of March 2021.
Leaders of currently funded ensembles are invited to re-apply to the Hub for a grant to support the running costs of their ensembles. We are also inviting new ensembles to apply to the Hub for Start Up funding to enable them to set up new ensembles.
Any ensemble wishing to apply for a grant must complete and submit the application and budget forms (attached below) to Tanya Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the closing date of 20th January 2020.
All applications will be reviewed by members of the Hub Strategic Advisory Panel against the Assessment Matrix below and decisions will be communicated by 14th February. Grants to successful organisations will be paid at the end of each term.
Any organisation or music leader interested in finding out more about the scheme should refer to the guidance information below or contact the Hub Manager, Tanya Moore - email@example.com or the Hub Progression and Ensemble Leads, Janet Elston and Patrick Bailey.
- 4th December 2019 - grant application process opens
- 20th January 2020 - closing date for applications
- 14th February 2020 confirmation of funding to applicants
- End of Summer Term 2020 - First instalment paid to ensembles
- End of Autumn Term 2020 - Second instalment paid to ensembles
- Spring Term 2021 - Ensembles submit evaluation
- End of Spring Term 2021 Third instalment paid to ensembles
Grant Application Documents
Closing Date - 20th January 2020